The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum
40 Presidential Drive
Simi Valley, CA  93065

(805) 522-2977 (Phone)   |   (800) 410-8354 (Toll Free)   |   (805) 520-9702 (Fax)
Website
 
  

OUR LATEST BUZZ
   

OUR COMPLETE CALENDAR
   
Description:
   The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation is the nonprofit organization created by President Reagan himself and specifically charged by him with continuing his legacy and sharing his principles - individual liberty, economic opportunity, global democracy and national pride. The Foundation is a non-partisan organization which sustains the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum, the Reagan Center for Public Affairs, the Walter and Leonore Annenberg Presidential Learning Center and its internationally recognized, award-winning Discovery Center, and the Air Force One Pavilion.
    In a storied career that spanned more than five decades, Ronald Reagan inspired Americans to act and achieve even more than they imagined. His legacy thrives at The Reagan Library where events and exhibits rediscover his values, actions and spirit of determination.
    As a Presidential Library administered by the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), the Reagan Library, under the authority of the Presidential Records Act, is the repository of presidential records for President Reagan's administration. Our holdings include over 60 million pages of documents, over 1.6 million photographs, a half million feet of motion picture film, tens of thousands of audio and video tape, and over 40,000 artifacts.
    Perched atop a hill with sweeping views of the southland, the Reagan Library is one of California's most beautiful and unique destinations
Museum Category:
    National


   
Business Hours:
    The Reagan Library is open 10:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. every day of the week, except Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day.
Location Type:
    Library
Payment Accepted:
    Cash,   Amex,   Discover,   MasterCard,   Visa,  
Languages Spoken:
    English,   Spanish,  
Admission Pricing:
    $15.00 general admission, $12.00 for seniors 62 and over, $9.00 for children 11-17 and free for children 10 and under.
General Business Classification:
    Museums, Historic Sites, Attractions
    Categories:
    Community
    Foundations
    Historical Museum
    Historical Organizations
    Historical Research
    Law, Rights & Liberties
    Museums/Attractions/Historic
    Parks & Recreation
    Political - Misc.
    Tourist Attractions

Legal Entity:
    Non Profit - 501(c)(3)
Number of Employees:
    51 - 100
Average Visit:
    2-4 hours
Admittance:
    During normal business hours.
Indoor/Outdoor:
    Indoor Location
Parking On-Site?
    Yes   --   Plenty of parking available.
Handicapped Accessible?
    Yes
Smoking?
    Some restrictions
Cell Phones & Pagers?
    Some restrictions
Cameras/Recording Equip.?
    Some restrictions
Pets Allowed?
    No
Guided Tours?
    By Appointment Only

www.reaganfoundation.org
 Recent Buzzes!!
8/29/14 - Baseball Exhibit Lunch & Tour -- 9/3
> VIEW   
> HIDE  
The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation is pleased to offer our Baseball Lunch and Tour in conjunction with our special exhibit, Baseball! Celebrating Our Great American Pastime. Enjoy a served meal and delectable dessert prepared by our Presidential Chef, while listening to our guest speaker. Either by yourself or with a group of friends, our Baseball Exhibit Lunch and Tour is truly an exceptional experience.
Following the served lunch, guests will receive a docent led tour of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Museum, Air Force One Pavilion, and our highly anticipated special exhibit, Baseball! Celebrating Our Great American Pastime. Casual dress or your favorite baseball team’s jersey is suggested.
This all-inclusive offer is only $59.95 per person. Reservations are required and seating is limited. Make your reservations early before we sell out. Don’t miss out on this exciting lunch and tour!
Visit our website to register. For more information, please call 805-577-4057.
Presented by ... The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum
Venue ... The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum  Website
8/19/14 - Baseball Exhibit Lunch & Tour. Guest Speaker: American Sportscaster Ross Porter
> VIEW   
> HIDE  
Baseball Exhibit Lunch & Tour. Guest Speaker: American Sportscaster Ross Porter September 3, 2014 12:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation is pleased to offer our Baseball Lunch and Tour in conjunction with our special exhibit, Baseball! Celebrating Our Great American Pastime. Enjoy a served meal and delectable dessert prepared by our Presidential Chef, while listening to our special guest speaker, sportscaster Ross Porter. Either by yourself or with a group of friends, our Baseball Exhibit Lunch and Tour is truly an exceptional experience. Following the served lunch, guests will receive a docent led tour of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Museum, Air Force One Pavilion, and our special exhibit. Casual dress or your favorite baseball team’s jersey is suggested. This all-inclusive offer is only $59.95 per person. Reservations are required and seating is limited. Make your reservations early before we sell out. Don’t miss out on this exciting lunch and tour!   Website
8/12/14 - Enjoy a spectacular evening with A Tribute to the Eagles Band -- 8/21
> VIEW   
> HIDE  
This highly anticipated evening will be unforgettable with a tribute to the Eagles, performed by The Long Run band. Enjoy a spectacular evening of dining and dancing to your favorite classic Eagles’ smash hits, such as Hotel California, Take It Easy, Desperado, and more! This exhilarating evening will be enjoyed while you dine from our delectable dinner buffet with choices of carved roast tri-tip, grilled chicken breast, oven roasted potatoes, white cheddar and red pepper baked macaroni and cheese, yam and brown sugar soufflés, and much more. Tasty hors d’oeuvres will be available upon your arrival. Tickets are $69.00 per person and reservations must be made by August 18, 2014. Reserved seating for parties of 8 or more. Casual attire is suggested.
Don’t miss out on our special VIP offer! For an additional $20.00 per person, you will receive reserved and preferred seating for the Sunset Dinner of your choice. This offer is only available for parties of 4 or more. You will also receive early check in beginning at 3:30 p.m. Purchase tickets: General Admission or VIP Admission. For more information, please 805-577-4057.
Presented by ... The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum
Venue ... The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum  Website
8/8/14 - “Baseball! The Exhibition” at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum!
> VIEW   
> HIDE  
"I really do love baseball and I wish we could do this out on the lawn every day. I wouldn’t even complain if a stray ball came through the Oval Office window now and then.” - President Reagan, May 11, 1983 Just in time for the opening week of Major League Baseball, “Baseball! The Exhibition” opened on April 4, 2014 at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum. Running through September 4, 2014, “Baseball” is a 12,000 square foot exhibition featuring over 700 artifacts, including some of the rarest, historic and iconic baseball memorabilia from the largest known private collector in the United States. The exhibit displays extraordinary artifacts from Babe Ruth, Joe DiMaggio, Lou Gehrig, Jackie Robinson, the Los Angeles Dodgers, and scores of other historically important players and organizations. This exhibition will be fun for the entire family.  Website
8/1/14 - Big Band Dinner & Dance: A Tribute to the Big Band Era of the 20’s, 30’s, and 40’s -- 8/7
> VIEW   
> HIDE  
Dine under the wings of Air Force One and dance the night away to the swingin’, sultry sounds of classic big band hits, featuring the phenomenal Pat Longo Orchestra with a female vocalist. From Luck Be a Lady to The Way You Look Tonight and everything in between, get ready for the best in flashback entertainment! Hot tantalizing hors d’oeuvres will be available upon your arrival. Enjoy an incredible American classic gourmet buffet dinner menu featuring steak, grilled chicken breast, creamy butternut squash risotto, and much more. Tickets are $69.00 per person and reservations must be made by August 4, 2014. Reserved seating for parties of 8 or more. Cocktail attire is suggested.
Don’t miss out on our special VIP offer! For an additional $20.00 per person, you will receive reserved and preferred seating for the Sunset Dinner of your choice. This offer is only available for parties of 4 or more. You will also receive early check in beginning at 3:30 p.m. Purchase tickets: General Admission or VIP Admission. For more information, please 805-577-4057.
Presented by ... The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum
Venue ... The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum  Website
7/27/14 - The Exhibition- Catch it while you can- closing soon! -- 6/30
> VIEW   
> HIDE  
Running through September 4, 2014, Baseball is a 12,000 square foot exhibition featuring over 700 artifacts, including some of the rarest, historic and iconic baseball memorabilia from the largest known private collector in the U.S. The exhibit displays extraordinary artifacts from Babe Ruth, Joe DiMaggio, Lou Gehrig, Jackie Robinson, the Brooklyn and Los Angeles Dodgers, and scores of other historically important players and organizations. Also featured will be rare artifacts related to Ronald Reagan and baseball from his days calling Chicago Cubs games, to signed balls and jerseys he received while President.
“I really do love baseball and I wish we could do this out on the lawn every day,” President Reagan remarked on May 11, 1983 on the South Lawn as part of a White House Ceremony observing National Amateur Baseball Month. “I wouldn’t even complain if a stray ball came through the Oval Office window now and then.” “Nothing is more American than baseball,” said John Heubusch, executive director of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation. “Baseball fans of all ages are going to be astounded by the array of iconic baseball pieces on display. ‘Baseball the Exhibition’ is the perfect way to spend an afternoon with family, friends, and fellow baseball fans.”
The exhibition celebrates the great American pastime of baseball by showcasing the glory days of baseball from the first balls, bats, gloves and uniforms ever used, to bringing together the most iconic pieces of baseball history, such as Joe DiMaggio’s record-setting ball that drove his 56 game hitting streak and Babe Ruth’s 1939 uniform from when he coached the Brooklyn Dodgers. Featured items on display in Baseball! The Exhibition include: An exhibit dedicated to Babe Ruth, which will display his traveling trunk, including his 1939 uniform while coaching the Brooklyn Dodgers, his baseball bat and his famous fur coat A Honus Wagner trading card - the rarest and most valuable of all baseball cards Jerseys/uniforms worn by Joe DiMaggio, Mickey Mantle, Yogi Berra, Jackie Robinson, Willie Mays, Ted Williams, Hank Aaron, Don Sutton, Orel Hershiser, Barry Bonds, David Ortiz, Fernando Valenzuela, Sandy Koufax, Don Drysdale and more Baseball hit by Barry Bonds (the homerun ball that tied Hank Aaron’s record), as well as a Hank Aaron-signed ball Baseballs from Joe DiMaggio, including his record-setting ball that drove his 56 game hitting streak as well as the ball that ended the streak Baseball signed by Pete Rose that broke Ty Cobb’s all-time hitting record A special section featuring the history of the Brooklyn Dodgers and their legacy in Los Angeles Some of the first historic bats, balls, gloves, uniforms, stadium items and folk art related to the sport as well as an unmatched collection of rare baseball cards and photographs of all the astonishing athletes who played the game. And so much more
Presented by ... The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum
Venue ... The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum  Website
7/15/14 - Save the Date! America’s Favorite Pastime: Celebrate Rock & Roll and our Featured Baseball Exhibit -- 7/24
> VIEW   
> HIDE  
We are pleased to announce our exciting Sunset Dinner that celebrates America’s favorite pastime under the wings of Air Force One. On Thursday, July 24, we will be hosting a sensational night of dining and dancing that celebrates rock & roll, featuring our exciting exhibit Baseball! Celebrating Our Great American Pastime. This evening is perfect for the entire family. Put on your blue suede shoes and dance to the fantastic sounds of rock and roll classics performed by the outstanding Ronnie and the Classics band. Enjoy our terrific collection of classic cars that will be on display in our tailgating reception area, including gourmet petite hamburgers, all beef hot dogs, nachos and ball park peanuts. You will also enjoy a classic 50’s dinner buffet of braised barbeque beef short ribs, crispy fried chicken, mashed potatoes, roasted corn and red pepper coleslaw, and much more. Conclude your evening with a trip to our wonderful banana split and ice cream sundae bar. Tickets are $69.00 per person and reservations must be made by July 21, 2014. Reserved tables can be accommodated for groups of 8 or more. Casual dress or your favorite baseball team’s jersey is suggested.
Don’t miss out on our special VIP offer! For an additional $20.00 per person, you will receive reserved and preferred seating for the Sunset Dinner of your choice. This offer is only available for parties of 4 or more. You will also receive early check in beginning at 3:30 p.m. Purchase tickets: General Admission or VIP Admission. For more information, please 805-577-4057.
Presented by ... The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum
Venue ... The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum  Website
7/2/14 - 4th of July Activities at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library
> VIEW   
> HIDE  
To celebrate our Nation’s 238th birthday, the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library is hosting a day full of family-fun activities. This year’s celebration includes patriotic concerts, family entertainment, games and crafts.
Engage in carnival and picnic games such as sack races, spinner cone races and more. Bring out your inner artist and create a patriotic fan and windsock. And don’t forget to get your picture taken with our Presidential re-enactors! All outdoor activities are free; admission rates apply to view the Ronald Reagan Presidential Museum, the Air Force One Pavilion and our special exhibit, Baseball! Celebrating Our Great American Pastime.
10am-3pm: Children’s crafts (make a patriotic windsock, American eagle and patriotic fan); carnival and picnic games (sack races, spinner cone races, ring toss, and more); mingle with Betsy Ross; have your picture taken with presidential re-enactors 10am-12pm: Musical performance by the Good Times Band 10am-2pm: Portrayals of Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Abraham Lincoln and George Washington 1pm-3pm: Musical performance by the Los Angeles Police Department Concert Band   Website
6/30/14 - Save the Date! Baseball! The Exhibition -- 6/30
> VIEW   
> HIDE  
Running through September 4, 2014, Baseball is a 12,000 square foot exhibition featuring over 700 artifacts, including some of the rarest, historic and iconic baseball memorabilia from the largest known private collector in the U.S. The exhibit displays extraordinary artifacts from Babe Ruth, Joe DiMaggio, Lou Gehrig, Jackie Robinson, the Brooklyn and Los Angeles Dodgers, and scores of other historically important players and organizations. Also featured will be rare artifacts related to Ronald Reagan and baseball from his days calling Chicago Cubs games, to signed balls and jerseys he received while President.
“I really do love baseball and I wish we could do this out on the lawn every day,” President Reagan remarked on May 11, 1983 on the South Lawn as part of a White House Ceremony observing National Amateur Baseball Month. “I wouldn’t even complain if a stray ball came through the Oval Office window now and then.” “Nothing is more American than baseball,” said John Heubusch, executive director of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation. “Baseball fans of all ages are going to be astounded by the array of iconic baseball pieces on display. ‘Baseball the Exhibition’ is the perfect way to spend an afternoon with family, friends, and fellow baseball fans.”
The exhibition celebrates the great American pastime of baseball by showcasing the glory days of baseball from the first balls, bats, gloves and uniforms ever used, to bringing together the most iconic pieces of baseball history, such as Joe DiMaggio’s record-setting ball that drove his 56 game hitting streak and Babe Ruth’s 1939 uniform from when he coached the Brooklyn Dodgers. Featured items on display in Baseball! The Exhibition include: An exhibit dedicated to Babe Ruth, which will display his traveling trunk, including his 1939 uniform while coaching the Brooklyn Dodgers, his baseball bat and his famous fur coat A Honus Wagner trading card - the rarest and most valuable of all baseball cards Jerseys/uniforms worn by Joe DiMaggio, Mickey Mantle, Yogi Berra, Jackie Robinson, Willie Mays, Ted Williams, Hank Aaron, Don Sutton, Orel Hershiser, Barry Bonds, David Ortiz, Fernando Valenzuela, Sandy Koufax, Don Drysdale and more Baseball hit by Barry Bonds (the homerun ball that tied Hank Aaron’s record), as well as a Hank Aaron-signed ball Baseballs from Joe DiMaggio, including his record-setting ball that drove his 56 game hitting streak as well as the ball that ended the streak Baseball signed by Pete Rose that broke Ty Cobb’s all-time hitting record A special section featuring the history of the Brooklyn Dodgers and their legacy in Los Angeles Some of the first historic bats, balls, gloves, uniforms, stadium items and folk art related to the sport as well as an unmatched collection of rare baseball cards and photographs of all the astonishing athletes who played the game. And so much more
Presented by ... The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum
Venue ... The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum  Website
6/30/14 - 4th of July Activities at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library
> VIEW   
> HIDE  
To celebrate our Nation’s 238th birthday, the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library is hosting a day full of family-fun activities. This year’s celebration includes patriotic concerts, family entertainment, games and crafts.
Engage in carnival and picnic games such as sack races, spinner cone races and more. Bring out your inner artist and create a patriotic fan and windsock. And don’t forget to get your picture taken with our Presidential re-enactors! All outdoor activities are free; admission rates apply to view the Ronald Reagan Presidential Museum, the Air Force One Pavilion and our special exhibit, Baseball! Celebrating Our Great American Pastime.
10am-3pm: Children’s crafts (make a patriotic windsock, American eagle and patriotic fan); carnival and picnic games (sack races, spinner cone races, ring toss, and more); mingle with Betsy Ross; have your picture taken with presidential re-enactors 10am-12pm: Musical performance by the Good Times Band 10am-2pm: Portrayals of Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Abraham Lincoln and George Washington 1pm-3pm: Musical performance by the Los Angeles Police Department Concert Band
Presented by ... The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum
Venue ... The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum  Website
Powered by ... www.BigCityBuzz.com  ... and ...  www.TheChamberBusinessNetwork.com