Santa Barbara Downtown Organization
27-B East De la Guerra Street
Santa Barbara, CA  93101

(805) 962-2098 (Phone)   |   (805) 962-3286 (Fax)
Website    |     Email
 
1st Thursday
This event has expired
Email a Friend
DESCRIPTION
   1st Thursday is a monthly series focused on downtown art and culture. On the first Thursday of each month, downtown galleries will keep their doors open from 5-8 PM allowing the public to enjoy local art in a fun and social atmosphere.
   Additional attractions such as music, artist openings, demonstrations, and refreshments will be featured at participating venues. In addition, State Street will come alive on 1st Thursday with public performances and interactive exhibits. These pieces will showcase a variety of Santa Barbara arts groups as well as add to the lively atmosphere downtown.
   Event Category & Type:   Gallery Walk ( Social Events, Openings, Mixers)
   Year Event Founded:  
VENUE
Various Downtown Locations
Downtown Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara, CA  93101
TICKETING
Admission:  FREE to All
Phone:  (805) 962-2098 x24
Internet:  Website
OTHER
This event is:
  - Open to the Public
  - Indoor/Outdoor
  - All Welcome
   
 Recent Buzzes!!
5/24/13 - Mark your Calendar... Town Hall Meeting -- Downtown Enforcement Issues -- 6/5
> VIEW   
> HIDE  
Join the hosting Santa Barbara Downtown Organization's Government Relations Committee for a presentation and Q&A session regarding ongoing Downtown Enforcement Issues with the Santa Barbara Police Department: What's Legal Behavior vs. What's Not; New Trikes/Beat Coordinators/Foot Patrols; Budget Request for 2 dedicated TPF Officers on State St.; Gang Injunction FAQ's; Update on Restorative Policing.
What is being done? What else can be done? What can you expect? What can you do? Bring your questions, suggestions and willingness to look for solutions!
Presented by ... Santa Barbara Downtown Organization
Venue ... Santa Barbara Public Library - Faulkner Gallery  () -
5/22/13 - Don't miss it .... Downtown Art & Wine Tour ... tomorrow
> VIEW   
> HIDE  
Join us for an evening of leisurely strolling between downtown venues, tasting delicious hors d'oeuvres from local restaurants and sampling fine wine from leading vintners at every stop. The final party will be held at the Santa Barbara Historical Museum featuring live music and dancing with Mon-E-Luv and Scott Topper Productions, SB photobooths, more food, more wine and a silent auction.
New to 2013 ... This year we will be serving beer and champagne along with over 14 wineries. New venues and new restaurants will be featured on the tour. Two local celebrities, featured on Drive-ins, Diners and Dives on The Food Network will be serving some tasty treats at the Final Party.   () -  Website
11/1/12 - Christmas Parade Volunteers Needed
> VIEW   
> HIDE  
The Downtown Organization is seeking volunteers to help staff this year's 60th Annual Holiday Parade: A Diamond Holiday held on Friday, November 30th from 5:30 to 8:30 pm. Community service hours are available to High School students.
Volunteers are needed as Parade Monitors to help with staging, crowd control and the flow of the parade. You must be able to stand outside in nighttime temperatures for the duration of the shift.
Volunteers are given a long-sleeve Parade Volunteer t-shirt to wear during the parade and keep afterward. Refreshments will be provided prior to the parade.
A 30-miniute volunteer training will take place on Tuesday, November 27th at 5:30pm.
For more information or to sign up as a volunteer, contact Georgette at 962-2098 x23.   Website
10/12/12 - Volunteers needed to meet Sapphire Princess on Tuesday, October 16th
> VIEW   
> HIDE  
Volunteers are still needed to help staff the hospitality tents set up right as passengers get off the tenders at Sea Landing. Volunteers welcome passengers and offer information about Santa Barbara. Information will be available on what to do and see, where to shop and dine and how best to get to where they are going.
There are three shifts available with the first half hour as a brief training/overview of the day ahead. Parking will be provided in the Main Harbor Parking Lot and we hope to have light refreshments for all.
The shifts are: 8am - 11am, 9:30am-12:30pm and 11am - 2:30pm. The early shift will help with unpacking literature and the last shift will help repack. The Waterfront department has purchased jackets for us to wear that say Ambassador - which is our new name for the Cruise Ship volunteers. The Jackets are red, please wear black and/or white so we look professional and uniform. We will provide you with a name tag.
For more information or to sign up as a volunteer contact Georgette Friedman: 962-2098 ext. 23 or gfriedman@sbdo.org. Please provide name, email and a "day of" phone number (just in case).
Please Note: There will not be on board tours during this visit.   Email   Website
10/2/12 - Save the Date! -- epicure.sb: As Seen on TV -- October 9 at the Lobero
> VIEW   
> HIDE  
Meet the Santa Barbara celebrity chefs featured on the Food Network and beyond as part of epicure.sb, Santa Barbara’s month long celebration of cuisine, libations and culture. See footage of local culinary artists and hear from a panel of experts about cooking on camera before indulging in their delicacies.
Featuring: ■ Cupcake Wars-Winner, Alison Riede of Sugar Cat Studio ■ Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, featuring Mac’s Fish & Chip Shop and Savoy Café & Deli ■ The Inn Crowd with Chef Budi Kazali, featuring Chef Budi Kazali of The Ballard Inn ■ Emcee’d by Michell Sjerven (Wine Cask/Bouchon) ■ Beer and Wine by Figueroa Mountain Brewing Co., Oreana Winery and Carr Winery
This event is limited to the first 250 tickets sold, so be sure to reserve your place at the table today! Presented by Lobero LIVE and the Santa Barbara Downtown Organization
Venue: Lobero Theatre.  Website
9/26/12 - Save the Date! -- epicure.sb: As Seen on TV -- October 9
> VIEW   
> HIDE  
Meet the Santa Barbara celebrity chefs featured on the Food Network and beyond as part of epicure.sb, Santa Barbara’s month long celebration of cuisine, libations and culture. See footage of local culinary artists and hear from a panel of experts about cooking on camera before indulging in their delicacies.
Featuring: ■ Cupcake Wars-Winner, Alison Riede of Sugar Cat Studio ■ Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, featuring Mac’s Fish & Chip Shop and Savoy Café & Deli ■ The Inn Crowd with Chef Budi Kazali, featuring Chef Budi Kazali of The Ballard Inn ■ Emcee’d by Michell Sjerven (Wine Cask/Bouchon) ■ Beer and Wine by Figueroa Mountain Brewing Co., Oreana Winery and Carr Winery
This event is limited to the first 250 tickets sold, so be sure to reserve your place at the table today! Presented by Lobero LIVE and the Santa Barbara Downtown Organization
Venue: Lobero Theatre.  Email   Website
12/29/11 - Save the Date -- 1st Thursday -- January 5
> VIEW   
> HIDE  
1st Thursday is a monthly series focused on downtown art and culture. On the first Thursday of each month, downtown galleries will keep their doors open from 5-8 PM allowing the public to enjoy local art in a fun and social atmosphere.
Additional attractions such as music, artist openings, demonstrations, and refreshments will be featured at participating venues. In addition, State Street will come alive on 1st Thursday with public performances and interactive exhibits. These pieces will showcase a variety of Santa Barbara arts groups as well as add to the lively atmosphere downtown.
Venue: Various Downtown Locations.  Website
12/15/11 - Save the Date -- Downtown Organization Annual Luncheon -- January 12
> VIEW   
> HIDE  
Downtown Organization holds its Annual Luncheon to celebrate and honor the downtown community's leaders. There will be the Presentation of Awards -- 2011 Citizen of the Year; Harriet Miller Youth Leadership; and George Gerth Volunteer of the Year.
Advance reservations required by January 10th. RSVP to Georgette.
Venue: Canary Hotel.  Website
11/28/11 - The Downtown Holiday Parade is on Friday -- December 2 starting @ 6:30 PM
> VIEW   
> HIDE  
More than 50,000 spectators are expected to line downtown Santa Barbara on Friday evening to cheer a colossal contingent of high-stepping marching bands, fabulous holiday floats, spectacular performance groups, local personalities, and of course, the most anticipated appearance of the evening… the annual arrival of Santa Claus, dispensing holiday cheer from atop his festive sleigh. The Holiday Prince & Fairy officially light up the night with the lighting of the large Christmas tree at State & Victoria Streets. ----- The parade begins at 6:30 p.m. at State and Sola Streets and concludes at Cota Street. For more information, call (805) 962-2098 ext. 22 ----- Venue: Santa Barbara - Downtown.  Website
5/25/11 - Get your tickets -- Art & Wine Tour -- tomorrow (Thursday)
> VIEW   
> HIDE  
Eat, drink and be merry at the Downtown Art & Wine Tour. The tour offers participants an opportunity for leisurely strolling between downtown art galleries to see the latest exhibits, taste dishes from downtown restaurants and sample wines from leading Santa Barbara County vintners. ----- This popular downtown event is a community favorite and a complete sell-out each year! Participants receive a logo wine glass for tasting at downtown galleries/venues and a sampling of delicious hors d'oeuvres from local restaurants and food purveyors. The gallery tour is followed by a fabulous final party featuring live music, more food and wine, and an amazing silent auction!   Website
5/4/11 - Save the Date!! -- S.B. Downtown Art & Wine Tour -- May 26th
> VIEW   
> HIDE  
Eat, drink and be merry at the Downtown Art & Wine Tour. The tour offers participants an opportunity for leisurely strolling between downtown art galleries to see the latest exhibits, taste dishes from downtown restaurants and sample wines from leading Santa Barbara County vintners. ----- This popular downtown event is a community favorite and a complete sell-out each year! Participants receive a logo wine glass for tasting at downtown galleries/venues and a sampling of delicious hors d'oeuvres from local restaurants and food purveyors. The gallery tour is followed by a fabulous final party featuring live music, more food and wine, and an amazing silent auction!   Website
3/11/11 - Can you..... Shop till you drop?
> VIEW   
> HIDE  
This is the weekend shopping festival to showcase Downtown Santa Barbara’s charm. Participate in two days of celebrating downtown shopping bringing new customers to retailers, services and other businesses that collectively make shopping in Downtown Santa Barbara an unforgettable experience. Locals and visitors will have the opportunity to indulge in special in-store discounts, events and seasonal premiers as they stroll along State Street and surrounding side streets.   Website
1/30/11 - Plan Ahead -- Shop Spree SB -- March 11 & 12
> VIEW   
> HIDE  
A weekend shopping festival to showcase Downtown Santa Barbara’s charm; participate in two days of celebrating downtown shopping and introducing new customers to retailers, services and other businesses that collectively make shopping in Downtown Santa Barbara an unforgettable experience. Locals and visitors will have the opportunity to indulge in special in-store discounts, events and seasonal premiers as they stroll along State Street and surrounding side streets.   Website
9/28/10 - The next Real Change Day is on Wednesday, October 20th
> VIEW   
> HIDE  
This is a friendly reminder that the DO is gearing up for the next Real Change Day on Wednesday, October 20th to support the Alternative Giving Campaign, a community wide campaign set up to educate Santa Barbara residents and visitors about the negative cycle of panhandling. Real Change Day is an opportunity for your business to get involved with the campaign efforts and help Casa Esperanza fund street outreach teams on State Street. Click here to access the participation form with details and deadlines for the event. Please fill it out and return by Friday, October 1st. Please keep in mind that it is ok to make a flat donation in place of a percentage of sales if that works better for your business. For more information visit www.realchangesb.org or contact Ashleigh.  Website
10/6/09 - Conversation With Cat Cora
> VIEW   
> HIDE  
SB welcomes Cat Cora for a "Conversation With: Cat Cora”, moderated by restaurateur Mitchell Sjerven. The Granada Monday, October 12th starting at 6pm. Cat Cora is a professional chef known for her featured role as "Iron Chef" on the Food Network show Iron Chef America. She's also the author of two books: Cat Cora’s Kitchen and Cooking From The Hip. The event will begin in the lobby where local chefs Brian Parks (Coast), Brenda Simon (The Museum Café) and John Pettitt (Seagrass) will serve tastes of Cat’s recipes with wines from the Urban Wine Trail. Guests will then ascend to the McCune Founders Room for an intimate and personal conversation moderated by Mitchell Sjerven. At the conclusion of the conversation, Cat will be available for a book signing in the lobby where both of her books will also be available for purchase. Tickets: $20 in advance, $25 at the door Available at: Downtown Organization office 27B East de la Guerra St. M-F: 8am-5pm   Email   Website
Powered by ... www.BigCityBuzz.com  ... and ...  www.TheChamberBusinessNetwork.com