March 10, 2014
Join the Affiliate Network
Santa Barbara County
"I've been rich and I've been poor; rich is better."
~ Sophie Tucker
Search for Events
Center Stage Theatre
Earl Warren Showgrounds
The Granada Theatre
Marjorie Luke Theatre
Oxnard Performing Arts
Santa Barbara Bowl
Santa Paula Theater
Simi Valley Cultural Arts
Thousand Oaks Civic Arts
UCSB Campbell Hall
Ventura County Fairgrounds
O = Oxnard SB = Santa Barbara SP = Santa Paula SV = Simi Valley
SY = Santa Ynez TO = Thousand Oaks V = Ventura
About Your Future
Tell us how
You are allowed one submission
per month from this computer.
Cities & Counties
Santa Barbara County
San Luis Obispo
Arts & Entertainment
An Evening with Ishmael Beah
(March 10 )
- Best-selling Author of A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier ..... In his New York Times best-selling memoir, A Long Way Gone, Ishmael Beah gave a harrowing account of Sierra Leone’s civil war and the fate of child soldiers who, like himself, were forced to commit terrible acts. He described his st ...
(March 11 )
- This new SBMA favorite returns to perform works by American composers, complementing the exhibitions "Alice Aycock Drawings: Some Stories Are Worth Repeating" and "Michelle Stuart: Drawn from Nature". The quartet seeks to change the way classical music is perceived through diverse programming ...
Eyes Wide Open
(March 11 )
- Network Medical Presents EYES WIDE OPEN featuring Abby Johnson. Experience the dramatic true story of a former Planned Parenthood director’s eye-opening journey. Join Network Medical's 2014 Fundraiser with Abby Johnson. Tickets: $10 Preferred Seating. Free General Admission Tickets available at the Door. For mor ...
(March 12 )
- One of Hawaii’s most popular artists, Keali‘i (kay-ah-LEE-ee) Reichel performs intoxicating music, hypnotic chant and mesmerizing hula that represent the very best of traditional and contemporary Hawaiian music and dance today. This Grammy-nominated musician and kumu hula, or hula master, has garnered 28 Na Hoku Ha ...
Yo-Yo Ma & Kathryn Stott
(March 13 )
- Revered cellist Yo-Yo Ma returns for a special recital with longtime collaborator, pianist Kathryn Stott, in a major season highlight. Last year’s “sublime” (Montecito Journal) appearance by Yo-Yo Ma was hailed as “one of the year’s most satisfying and inspirational cultural events” (Santa Barbara Independ ...
SBJHS Spring Play -- The Beatles Slept Here
(March 14 - 15)
- SBJHS Theatre proudly presents this comedy about mistaken identity & a whole lot of Beatles! Sgt. Paprika is the owner of the Penny Lane Hotel, and he is sick & tired of rabid Beatles fans mistaking his business for a piece of rock'n'roll history. But when his employee, Eleanor Digby ...
Santa Barbara Symphony: Classical Knockouts
(March 15 - 16)
- Are you ready for a bright and energetic evening of knockouts? From Rossini’s punchy William Tell Overture to Grieg’s Peer Gynt Suite, join Maestro Kabaretti for a program of classical hits. We also welcome the fantastic young violinist Timothy Chooi for Bruch’s Violin Concerto No. 1 ...
News & Buzz!!
Save the Date! S.B Jazz Society presents the Yankee Wailers -- March 30 at SOhO
- The good ole’ days are back and so the Santa Barbara Jazz Society presents the Yankee Wailers, a traditional jazz band that plays all the swinging songs from the 20s to the 40s in a foot stomping happy style. Wally Holmes, the leader ran the Sweet and Hot Ja ...
Harbor closure continues.
- The mouth of Santa Barbara Harbor is still filled with sand from last weekend's storm and surge, and it remains too shallow for large boats to pass in and out. Captain Dave reports that the harbor barge La Encina is scheduled to start pumping sand out and opening up the harbor entrance on Sunday. This process ...
Newest Changes in our Product line, "Satinique."
- Here is our newest and changed product line of Satinique. I'm sure you will be pleased with our new line of Hair products. Just go to my website to check out all the newest and best items available. www.amwayglobal.com/jaramillo. If you need help placing your order, email me at: ...
“Walking in the Spirit: American Visionary Artists” at Westmont Museum
- The Westmont Ridley-Tree Museum of Art features a unique collection of folk art from all over the United States, showcasing the artists’ spiritual conviction Feb. 20-March 29. The exhibition, “Walking in the Spirit: American Visionary Artists,” opens with a free, pub ...
Heads Up!! Don Rickles show has been cancelled.
- A night of comedy with legend Don Rickles, who was scheduled to perform at the Chumash Casino Resort on Thursday, March 13, has been canceled due to health reasons. Rickles’ publicist has released the following statement: “For the past few months Don Rickles has been recovering from treatm ...
Joe Rogan will be at the Lobero Theatre on Friday, May 2nd
- Live Nation welcomes comedian Joe Rogan to the Lobero Theatre on Friday, May 2 at 8 p.m. A standup comedian for more than 20 years, Joe Rogan sells out theaters internationally with his inquisitive and intense comedic style. Since 2002, Rogan has provided color commentary for th ...
Save the Date! An Evening with Garrison Keillor -- 4/2
- One of America’s most beloved radio hosts and humorists returns for an evening of wryly thoughtful musing, whimsical conversation and a few old-timey songs. Garrison Keillor has won over the hearts of radio listeners from Lake Wobegon to Los Angeles with his homespun charm, reassuri ...
Restaurants & Nightlife
News & Buzz!
New Business Showcase
Become an Affiliate
Mike's Chamber Blog
Subscribe to Newsletter
The Chamber Business Network
New Business Showcase
Policies & Disclaimers
Copyright © 2001-2014 Events & Leisure International, Inc. All rights reserved.