January 27, 2015 Newsletter   |   Log In    
CONCIERGE GUIDE

The Latest
News & Buzz!

Featured
Restaurants

Featured
Arts & Entertainment

Featured
Leisure Activities

Featured
Accommodations

Featured
Nonprofits
Santa Barbara County -- Events & Happenings


Events Calendar
JANUARY  /  FEBRUARY
S M T W T F S
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
>  Search for Events  <

 VENUES
    - Arlington Theatre
    - Center Stage Theatre
    - Chumash Casino
    - Earl Warren Showgrounds
    - The Granada Theatre
    - Lobero Theatre
    - Marjorie Luke Theatre
    - Santa Barbara Bowl
    - UCSB Campbell Hall
 
  CATEGORIES
    - Classes, Seminars, Meeti ...
    - Concerts, Shows & Perfor ...
    - Dining & Drink Events
    - Exhibits & Exhibitions
    - Festivals & Parades
    - Gambling Events
    - Leisure, Recreation & Sp ...
    - Markets, Fairs, Shows, S ...
    - Misc. Events (No Leisure ...
    - Social Events, Openings, ...
    - Free Events
    - Fundraisers

  CITIES
    - Santa Barbara County
    - Ventura County
    - Arroyo Grande
    - Buellton
    - Camarillo
    - Carpinteria
    - Fillmore
    - Goleta
    - Isla Vista
    - Lompoc
    - Los Olivos
    - Moorpark
    - Morro Bay
    - Nipomo
    - Northridge
    - Oxnard
    - Pismo Beach
    - Santa Barbara
    - Santa Maria
    - Santa Paula
    - Santa Ynez
    - Simi Valley
    - Solvang
    - Thousand Oaks
    - Ventura
 

    < <   Go Back  < <

    Find us on Facebook



                   
> > >  View the "Events Showcase"  < < <

Find Events From ...
 

 Enter a Keyword
 
NOTE: This looks for an EXACT match.
Event & Exhibit Listings
> > >  View Three Days at a Glance  < < <

  TODAY
    SB International Film Festival - 2015
  Downtown Santa Barbara Movie Theatres, State Street, Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
The 30th Annual Santa Barbara International Film Festival (SBIFF) continues its tradition of showcasing amazing films from all over the world, honoring world-class talent, stimulating panels and being one of the major stops on the road to the Academy Awards.    ($225 - $1600)
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Santa Barbara International Film Festival
WEBSITE    (805) 963-0023     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    "Award Winning" Country Wine Tasting Tour
  Captain Jack's Tours, 933 Castillo St., Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
Our most popular tour and an experience you will never forget! This wine country tour will escort your party out of Santa Barbara and through the Los Padres National Forest, offering amazing views of mountains, lakes and sprawling hills. You'll enjoy 2 wine tasting stops before heading to an olive oil and vinegar tasting at an actual olive farm (time permitting). We then head into the famous wine country town of Santa Ynez for lunch at Trattoria Grappolo. (Lunch not included in the price. Monday a different lunch location will be chosen.) After lunch we will head into the Santa Rita Hills wine region where you will taste at 2 of the area's top estate wineries. The Santa Rita Hills region is famous for their Pinot Noir & Syrah wines. As we return to Santa Barbara you will be treated to breathtaking views as we descend the mountain while overlooking the ocean, the islands and the American Riviera. (Sometimes the itinerary will be in reverse.) The price includes door to door transportation, as well as all tasting fees. We start this tour between 9:00 & 9:30 and drop back off around 4:00 & 4:30. This is a one of a kind experience for those looking for that "special" day. Captain Jack guarantees it!   
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Captain Jack's Tours
WEBSITE    (805) 564-1819     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    Heaven on Earth Kayak/Horseback Ride Tour-- Kim Kardashian rode this ride!
  Captain Jack's Tours, 933 Castillo St., Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
This may well be the closest to "heaven" you will ever get…in this lifetime. Captain Jack's Tours is proud to offer our newest and most breathtaking tour ever.   
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Captain Jack's Tours
WEBSITE    (805) 564-1819     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
Guided Horseback Ride -- This is the ride Kim Kardashian rode!
  Captain Jacks Tours, 933 Castillo St., Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
  Captain Jack's Tours 
Guided Horseback Ride! Get along little doggie & hold on to your hats! Experiance the Wild West of yesteryear...today. Ride through the forest & enjoy beautiful ocean views.   ($65.00
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Captain Jack's Tours
WEBSITE    (805) 564-1819     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    Curiosity Lab
  Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History, 2559 Puesta del Sol Road, Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
Explore the wonders of the natural world through cool hands-on activities in this dynamic new learning lab. Discover our region’s natural history, hone your scientific skills and make your own discoveries. You can bring your questions and specimens to our staff naturalist, join us for a demonstration, and get tips on where to enjoy our local wilderness. The Curiosity Lab is fun for all ages!    ($0 - $12)
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History
WEBSITE    (805) 682-4711     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    Harbor Kayak Tour
  Boat Launch (S.B. Harbor), Between Sea Landing & Sail Center, Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
Captain Jacks Santa Barbara Tours conducts guided 1.5 - 2 hour kayak tours of the Santa Barbara Harbor at 10:30 & 1:30 daily. Experience California's most beautiful harbor on this fun and easy tour. Our professionally guided tour includes a kayak lesson/briefing, all kayak gear and paddles. This tour is the perfect introduction to kayaking and is fun for the entire family.    ($40
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Captain Jack's Tours
WEBSITE    (805) 564-1819     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    $60 Wine Tour
  Captain Jack's Tours, 933 Castillo St., Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
We'll escort you to 3 wine tasting destinations in one of our comfortable SUVs or vans. You'll enjoy tastings at 3 of the following locations: Summerland Winery tasting room, Carr Winery, Oreana Winery, Kalyra tasting room, Santa Barbara Winery, Kunin/Westerly or Coastal Winery. You will also enjoy an olive oil and vinegar tasting. The tour includes a stop for lunch at the Bay Roadhouse or Pierre Lafond Bistro. This tour does not go into the Santa Ynez Valley, so we do not see vineyards. Includes all Wine Tasting Fees and Transportation.   ($60
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Captain Jack's Tours
WEBSITE    (805) 564-1819     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
Wine Tasting With the Winter Pass
Various Tasting Rooms in the Santa Ynez Valley, multiple, Santa Ynez CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
Wine Tasting All Winter Long with The Winter Pass October 15, 2014-January 31, 2015 One Pass--One Price--15 Wineries! The Winter Pass is the ticket to fabulous wine tasting at the premier boutique wineries of California’s Santa Ynez Valley. For just $40, tasters receive one wine tasting at 15 of the Santa Ynez Valley Wine Country Association tasting rooms. The Winter Pass is valid from October 15, 2014 through January 31, 2015. Reservations are not required and there are no blackout dates. Passes expire when all 15 tastings have been used, or on January 31, 2015--whichever occurs first. Winter Pass holders also receive discounts and offers from local business partners, including restaurants and transportation companies. Winter Passes are available for $40 online at www.santaynezwinecountry.com. Participating wineries: Alexander & Wayne, Arthur Earl, The Brander Vineyard, Buttonwood Farm Winery, Casa Cassara Wines, Cimarone & 3CV Wines, Daniel Gehrs Wines, Dreamcote Wine Company, Imagine Wine, Lucas & Lewellen, Lucky Dogg Winery, Rideau Vineyard, Standing Sun Wines, Toccata Wines, and Toretti Family Vineyard. Savor the tastes of the Santa Ynez Valley Wine Country all winter long. Makes a great gift, too!    ($40 - $45)
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Santa Ynez Valley Wine Country Association
WEBSITE    (800) 563-3183
 
    Segway Sight Seeing Tours (Various Times)
  Boat Launch (S.B. Harbor), Sail Center, Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
Get ready for a totally new experience unlike anything you've ever tried. The Segway HT is perfect for touring Santa Barbara. Choose from 4 guided segway tours (prices vary) taking place daily. Your guide will cover the history of Santa Barbara as well as some of the more current points of interest along the way. Tours are offered every day by reservation only. All tours include a lesson and all necessary gear. Renters must be 14 years or older. Call for more information and availability.    ($40
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Captain Jack's Tours
WEBSITE    (805) 564-1819     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
Sailing Cruises (Various Times)
  Boat Launch (S.B. Harbor), Sail Center, Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
The perfect way to end your day in Santa Barbara. You'll experience a fun and exciting cruise while enjoying beautiful views of the coast and the channel islands. This 50' Catamaran offers 1400 square feet of deck space and the multi hull construction makes her comfortable, stable & safe. You'll find plenty of room for you and your guest or a large party. On board you'll find a beer, wine and soda bar. Light snacks and restrooms are on hand for your convenience. We also offer the following cruises: Coastal (Daytime) Cruises: $40 per person Live Music Cruises: $55 per person (Friday Nights Only) Dinner Cruises: $80 per person, Kids $45 (Saturday Nights Only) Note: Dinner and Music cruises run from June 1st - August 31st only.   ($40
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Captain Jack's Tours
WEBSITE    (805) 564-1819     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    Harbor Kayak Tour
  Boat Launch (S.B. Harbor), Between Sea Landing & Sail Center, Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
Captain Jacks Santa Barbara Tours conducts guided 1.5 - 2 hour kayak tours of the Santa Barbara Harbor at 10:30 & 1:30 daily. Experience California's most beautiful harbor on this fun and easy tour. Our professionally guided tour includes a kayak lesson/briefing, all kayak gear and paddles. This tour is the perfect introduction to kayaking and is fun for the entire family.    ($40
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Captain Jack's Tours
WEBSITE    (805) 564-1819     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    Guided Horseback Ride -- This is the ride Kim Kardashian rode!
  Captain Jacks Tours, 933 Castillo St., Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
  Captain Jack's Tours 
Guided Horseback Ride! Get along little doggie & hold on to your hats! Experiance the Wild West of yesteryear...today. Ride through the forest & enjoy beautiful ocean views.   ($65.00
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Captain Jack's Tours
WEBSITE    (805) 564-1819     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    Old Town Santa Barbara Farmers Market
  Santa Barbara Certified Farmers Market, 500 & 600 Blocks of State Street, Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
Tuesdays. Rain or shine. All year round. SUMMER Hours: 4 - 7:30 PM. WINTER Hours: 3 - 6:30 PM.   
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Santa Barbara Certified Farmers Market
WEBSITE    (805) 962-5354     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    Patti Smith and Her Band
  The Granada Theatre, 1214 State Street, Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
  Patti Smith 
The high priestess of punk rock, Patti Smith ranks among the most influential rock icons of all time. Ambitious and unconventional, she cracked New York City’s underground music scene in the early ’70s with incendiary sounds that were punk before punk even existed. A singer, songwriter, poet and author (Just Kids), Smith is defined by the fearless poetic fervor that propelled her groundbreaking album Horses, which celebrates its 40th anniversary in 2015. Her live shows combine the energy of unbridled emotion with transcendent, incantatory lyrics. Don’t miss this rare appearance by a true artist and iconoclast.   ($19 - $48)
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
UCSB Arts & Lectures
WEBSITE    (805) 893-3535     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
SBIFF Opening Night Film & Gala - Desert Dancer
  Arlington Theatre, 1317 State Street, Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
The Santa Barbara International Film Festival, presented by UGG® Australia, will kick off Opening Night with the U.S. Premiere of Relativity Studios’ Desert Dancer at the historic Arlington Theatre on Tuesday, January 27, 2015. Directed by Richard Raymond and starring Freida Pinto, Reece Ritchie, Nazanin Boniadi, Tom Cullen and Marmama Corlett, Desert Dancer tells the true story of a self-taught dancer pursuing a dream in a suppressed society.   
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Santa Barbara International Film Festival
WEBSITE    (805) 963-4408     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 

  January 28
    SB International Film Festival - 2015
  Downtown Santa Barbara Movie Theatres, State Street, Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
The 30th Annual Santa Barbara International Film Festival (SBIFF) continues its tradition of showcasing amazing films from all over the world, honoring world-class talent, stimulating panels and being one of the major stops on the road to the Academy Awards.    ($225 - $1600)
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Santa Barbara International Film Festival
WEBSITE    (805) 963-0023     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    "Award Winning" Country Wine Tasting Tour
  Captain Jack's Tours, 933 Castillo St., Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
Our most popular tour and an experience you will never forget! This wine country tour will escort your party out of Santa Barbara and through the Los Padres National Forest, offering amazing views of mountains, lakes and sprawling hills. You'll enjoy 2 wine tasting stops before heading to an olive oil and vinegar tasting at an actual olive farm (time permitting). We then head into the famous wine country town of Santa Ynez for lunch at Trattoria Grappolo. (Lunch not included in the price. Monday a different lunch location will be chosen.) After lunch we will head into the Santa Rita Hills wine region where you will taste at 2 of the area's top estate wineries. The Santa Rita Hills region is famous for their Pinot Noir & Syrah wines. As we return to Santa Barbara you will be treated to breathtaking views as we descend the mountain while overlooking the ocean, the islands and the American Riviera. (Sometimes the itinerary will be in reverse.) The price includes door to door transportation, as well as all tasting fees. We start this tour between 9:00 & 9:30 and drop back off around 4:00 & 4:30. This is a one of a kind experience for those looking for that "special" day. Captain Jack guarantees it!   
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Captain Jack's Tours
WEBSITE    (805) 564-1819     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    Heaven on Earth Kayak/Horseback Ride Tour-- Kim Kardashian rode this ride!
  Captain Jack's Tours, 933 Castillo St., Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
This may well be the closest to "heaven" you will ever get…in this lifetime. Captain Jack's Tours is proud to offer our newest and most breathtaking tour ever.   
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Captain Jack's Tours
WEBSITE    (805) 564-1819     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
Guided Horseback Ride -- This is the ride Kim Kardashian rode!
  Captain Jacks Tours, 933 Castillo St., Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
  Captain Jack's Tours 
Guided Horseback Ride! Get along little doggie & hold on to your hats! Experiance the Wild West of yesteryear...today. Ride through the forest & enjoy beautiful ocean views.   ($65.00
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Captain Jack's Tours
WEBSITE    (805) 564-1819     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    Curiosity Lab
  Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History, 2559 Puesta del Sol Road, Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
Explore the wonders of the natural world through cool hands-on activities in this dynamic new learning lab. Discover our region’s natural history, hone your scientific skills and make your own discoveries. You can bring your questions and specimens to our staff naturalist, join us for a demonstration, and get tips on where to enjoy our local wilderness. The Curiosity Lab is fun for all ages!    ($0 - $12)
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History
WEBSITE    (805) 682-4711     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
Islands Cruise -- Gray Whale Watching & Dolphin Watching
  Condor Express - SEA Landing, 301 W. Cabrillo Blvd., Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
The great whales have rediscovered Santa Barbara. Over 27 species of whales, dolphins and porpoises come to our channel each year since 1990 to feed, mate and frolic... which makes Santa Barbara one of the best year 'round whale watching areas in the world. Our trips depart daily at 10am, returning at 2:30pm on the incredible CONDOR Express, one of the finest whale watching vessels in the world.   ($50.00 - $99.00)
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Condor Express - SEA Landing
WEBSITE    (805) 882-0088     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    Harbor Kayak Tour
  Boat Launch (S.B. Harbor), Between Sea Landing & Sail Center, Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
Captain Jacks Santa Barbara Tours conducts guided 1.5 - 2 hour kayak tours of the Santa Barbara Harbor at 10:30 & 1:30 daily. Experience California's most beautiful harbor on this fun and easy tour. Our professionally guided tour includes a kayak lesson/briefing, all kayak gear and paddles. This tour is the perfect introduction to kayaking and is fun for the entire family.    ($40
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Captain Jack's Tours
WEBSITE    (805) 564-1819     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    $60 Wine Tour
  Captain Jack's Tours, 933 Castillo St., Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
We'll escort you to 3 wine tasting destinations in one of our comfortable SUVs or vans. You'll enjoy tastings at 3 of the following locations: Summerland Winery tasting room, Carr Winery, Oreana Winery, Kalyra tasting room, Santa Barbara Winery, Kunin/Westerly or Coastal Winery. You will also enjoy an olive oil and vinegar tasting. The tour includes a stop for lunch at the Bay Roadhouse or Pierre Lafond Bistro. This tour does not go into the Santa Ynez Valley, so we do not see vineyards. Includes all Wine Tasting Fees and Transportation.   ($60
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Captain Jack's Tours
WEBSITE    (805) 564-1819     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
Wine Tasting With the Winter Pass
Various Tasting Rooms in the Santa Ynez Valley, multiple, Santa Ynez CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
Wine Tasting All Winter Long with The Winter Pass October 15, 2014-January 31, 2015 One Pass--One Price--15 Wineries! The Winter Pass is the ticket to fabulous wine tasting at the premier boutique wineries of California’s Santa Ynez Valley. For just $40, tasters receive one wine tasting at 15 of the Santa Ynez Valley Wine Country Association tasting rooms. The Winter Pass is valid from October 15, 2014 through January 31, 2015. Reservations are not required and there are no blackout dates. Passes expire when all 15 tastings have been used, or on January 31, 2015--whichever occurs first. Winter Pass holders also receive discounts and offers from local business partners, including restaurants and transportation companies. Winter Passes are available for $40 online at www.santaynezwinecountry.com. Participating wineries: Alexander & Wayne, Arthur Earl, The Brander Vineyard, Buttonwood Farm Winery, Casa Cassara Wines, Cimarone & 3CV Wines, Daniel Gehrs Wines, Dreamcote Wine Company, Imagine Wine, Lucas & Lewellen, Lucky Dogg Winery, Rideau Vineyard, Standing Sun Wines, Toccata Wines, and Toretti Family Vineyard. Savor the tastes of the Santa Ynez Valley Wine Country all winter long. Makes a great gift, too!    ($40 - $45)
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Santa Ynez Valley Wine Country Association
WEBSITE    (800) 563-3183
 
    Segway Sight Seeing Tours (Various Times)
  Boat Launch (S.B. Harbor), Sail Center, Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
Get ready for a totally new experience unlike anything you've ever tried. The Segway HT is perfect for touring Santa Barbara. Choose from 4 guided segway tours (prices vary) taking place daily. Your guide will cover the history of Santa Barbara as well as some of the more current points of interest along the way. Tours are offered every day by reservation only. All tours include a lesson and all necessary gear. Renters must be 14 years or older. Call for more information and availability.    ($40
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Captain Jack's Tours
WEBSITE    (805) 564-1819     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
Back      Total Results = 2086
= FREE to ALL     = FREE (Some)     = Fundraiser     = Content Alert






















Become a Member/Affiliate
Contact Us
Mike's Chamber Blog
Media News Feed
Quote of the Day
Subscribe to Newsletter
Accommodations
Arts & Entertainment
City Search
Community Calendar
Dining Suggestions
Entertainment Venues
Events Showcase
Free Events
Fundraisers
Happy Hours
Leisure Activities
Member Directory
Menus
News & Buzz!
Restaurants & Nightlife
Shop Local
Support Nonprofits
Useful Stuff
The Chamber & Business Network       |       Chamber Strategies       |       BigCityBuzz.com       |       New Business Showcase

Privacy Policy   |   Policies & Disclaimers
Copyright © 2001-2015 Events & Leisure International, Inc. All rights reserved.