September 30, 2014 Newsletter   |   Become an Affiliate   |   Contact   |   Log In    
 


of   Santa Barbara County
Happy 64th Birthday 
Victoria Tennant  


The Latest
News & Buzz!

Featured
Restaurants

Featured
Arts & Entertainment

Featured
Leisure Activities

Featured
Accommodations

Featured
Nonprofits
Santa Barbara County -- Events & Happenings


Events Calendar
SEPTEMBER  /  OCTOBER
S M T W T F S
28 29 30 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 1
>  Search for Events  <

 VENUES
    - Arlington Theatre
    - Center Stage Theatre
    - Chumash Casino
    - Earl Warren Showgrounds
    - The Granada Theatre
    - Lobero Theatre
    - Marjorie Luke Theatre
    - Santa Barbara Bowl
    - UCSB Campbell Hall
 
  CATEGORIES
    - Classes, Seminars, Meeti ...
    - Concerts, Shows & Perfor ...
    - Dining & Drink Events
    - Exhibits & Exhibitions
    - Festivals & Parades
    - Gambling Events
    - Health, Wellness & Fitne ...
    - Leisure, Recreation & Sp ...
    - Markets, Fairs, Shows, S ...
    - Misc. Events (No Leisure ...
    - Social Events, Openings, ...
    - Free Events
    - Fundraisers

  CITIES
   California
    - Santa Barbara County
    - Ventura County
    - Agoura Hills
    - Buellton
    - Burbank
    - Camarillo
    - Carpinteria
    - Fillmore
    - Goleta
    - Guadalupe
    - Lompoc
    - Moorpark
    - Morro Bay
    - Newbury Park
    - Nipomo
    - Oceano
    - Ojai
    - Oxnard
    - San Luis Obispo
    - Santa Barbara
    - Santa Maria
    - Santa Paula
    - Santa Ynez
    - Simi Valley
    - Solvang
    - Summerland
    - Thousand Oaks
    - Ventura
    - Westlake Village
   Hawaii
    - Kahului
    - Wailuku
 

    < <   Go Back  < <

    Find us on Facebook



                   
> > >  View the "Events Showcase"  < < <

Find Events From ...
 

 Enter a Keyword
 
NOTE: This looks for an EXACT match.
Event & Exhibit Listings
> > >  View Three Days at a Glance  < < <

  TODAY
    Early Bird Flea Market
  Earl Warren Showgrounds, 3400 Calle Real, Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
Early Bird Swapmeet & Fresh Produce. Hours: 7:00am - 7:30pm. Admission: Free. Parking: Free. Contact: Flavio Canales (805)258-1765 or 861-6202.    
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Earl Warren Showgrounds
WEBSITE    (805) 258-1765     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    Horseback Riding and Wine Tasting Tour
  Captain Jacks Tours, 933 Castillo St., Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
The day begins with a beautiful horseback ride that winds through the forests, up to the top of the mountain where you will have spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean, the channel islands, and the hills and valleys. Next you will enjoy lunch at the historic "Cold Spring Tavern", which used to be a stage coach stop in the 19th century (lunch not included in price). Following lunch, we will head into the heart of the Santa Ynez Valley, where you will enjoy wine tasting at 2 of the regions top wineries while taking in the beautiful scenery. We also have a surprise stop at Global Gardens in Los Olivos. Captain Jack's will then return you back to Santa Barbara. (Minimum 2)   ($175.00
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Captain Jack's Tours
WEBSITE    (805) 564-1819     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    Heaven on Earth Kayak/Horseback Ride Tour-- Kim Kardashian rode this ride!
  Captain Jack's Tours, 933 Castillo St., Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
This may well be the closest to "heaven" you will ever get…in this lifetime. Captain Jack's Tours is proud to offer our newest and most breathtaking tour ever.   
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Captain Jack's Tours
WEBSITE    (805) 564-1819     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
Santa Ynez Wine Tour: This tour is the "WINNER" of the S.B. News Press Readers poll
  Captain Jack's Tours, 933 Castillo St., Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
This is an experience you will never forget! You will not only visit 3 of the valley's most beautiful vineyards & wineries but you'll travel through some of the most breathtaking countryside you'll ever see. You'll also visit Cold Spring Tavern, an original stage coach stop built in the 1860s. The price includes all transportation with door to door service, as well as all your tasting fees. The tour also includes an olive oil and vinegar tasting, which for many of our guests is the highlight of the day.   
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Captain Jack's Tours
WEBSITE    (805) 564-1819     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    Guided Horseback Ride -- This is the ride Kim Kardashian rode!
  Captain Jacks Tours, 933 Castillo St., Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
  Captain Jack's Tours 
Guided Horseback Ride! Get along little doggie & hold on to your hats! Experiance the Wild West of yesteryear...today. Ride through the forest & enjoy beautiful ocean views.   ($65.00
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Captain Jack's Tours
WEBSITE    (805) 564-1819     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    Artwalk Indoor Show
  Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History, 2559 Puesta del Sol Road, Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
By popular demand, the Indoor Show of the annual ArtWalk has been extended to October 5, 2014. More than 40 artists are featured in Artists of Distinction: An Exhibition. For a list of the featured artists go to http://www.sbnature.org/about/883.html. Between Monday, September 29 through Sunday, October 5, entrance into the Indoor Show is included general Museum admission. Members free; Non-members $12, Seniors/Teens $8, Children, $7.    ($7 - $12)
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History
WEBSITE    (805) 682-4711 x181     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
Island Whale Watch
  Condor Express - SEA Landing, 301 W. Cabrillo Blvd., Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
The great whales have rediscovered Santa Barbara. Over 27 species of whales, dolphins and porpoises come to our channel each year since 1990 to feed, mate and frolic... which makes Santa Barbara one of the best year 'round whale watching areas in the world. Our trips depart daily at 10am, returning at 2:30pm on the incredible CONDOR Express, one of the finest whale watching vessels in the world.   ($50.00 - $99.00)
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Condor Express - SEA Landing
WEBSITE    (805) 882-0088     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
Carpinteria Sustainable Landscape Fair
399 Linden (next to the Spot), 399 Linden Ave, Carpinteria CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
Carpinteria Sustainable Landscape Fair, October 18th 10-4:30. Free to the Public. Wondering how to up your game when it comes to sustainable landscaping? Want to learn how to turn your kitchen scraps into vermicompost easily and cheaply? Ants got you down and the idea of Raid makes you cringe? Thinking about replacing your lawn with natives but don’t know how to begin? Drive or ride on over to the last unspoiled beach town on the coast and participate in hands-on workshops facilitated by local experts in sustainable landscaping.    
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
City Of Carpinteria
WEBSITE    (805) 684-5405 x449
 
    Harbor Kayak Tour
  Boat Launch (S.B. Harbor), Between Sea Landing & Sail Center, Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
Captain Jacks Santa Barbara Tours conducts guided 1.5 - 2 hour kayak tours of the Santa Barbara Harbor at 10:30 & 1:30 daily. Experience California's most beautiful harbor on this fun and easy tour. Our professionally guided tour includes a kayak lesson/briefing, all kayak gear and paddles. This tour is the perfect introduction to kayaking and is fun for the entire family.    ($50
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Captain Jack's Tours
WEBSITE    (805) 564-1819     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    Contemporary/Modern: Selections from the Permanent Collection
  Santa Barbara Museum of Art, 1130 State Street, Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
"Contemporary/Modern" brings together a selection of significant painting and sculpture from the Museum’s permanent collection. Works in the exhibition date from 1958 to 2014, and together highlight the persistent influence of modernism. The most recent works inventively reference and reinterpret the past—including both popular and obscure forms of painting, architecture, and design. The earliest works, each part of significant movements in abstract painting, articulate reductive forms suggesting a distinctively utopian view of the future. By sampling and mixing substantial works of the present with the past, this installation aims to provide a glimpse into an ongoing and dynamic dialogue between the two. Featuring eleven works by eight artists of national and international renown: Helen Frankenthaler, Guy Goodwin, Frederick Hammersley, Josiah McElheny, John McLaughlin, Jorge Pardo, Larry Poons, and Lucas Samaras.   
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Santa Barbara Museum of Art
WEBSITE    (805) 963-4364     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
$60 Wine Tour
  Captain Jack's Tours, 933 Castillo St., Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
We'll escort you to 3 wine tasting destinations in one of our comfortable SUVs or vans. You'll enjoy tastings at 3 of the following locations: Summerland Winery tasting room, Carr Winery, Oreana Winery, Kalyra tasting room, Santa Barbara Winery, Kunin/Westerly or Coastal Winery. You will also enjoy an olive oil and vinegar tasting. The tour includes a stop for lunch at the Bay Roadhouse or Pierre Lafond Bistro. This tour does not go into the Santa Ynez Valley, so we do not see vineyards. Includes all Wine Tasting Fees and Transportation.   ($60
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Captain Jack's Tours
WEBSITE    (805) 564-1819     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
$75 Beer Tour
  Captain Jack's Tours, 933 Castillo St., Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
Santa Barbara County may be known for it's wine, but that's not the only locally-produced beverage receiving raves. The region's micro-breweries give beer lovers a tasting trail of their own. You'll enjoy tastings at 3 of the areas micro breweries. At one of the stops you'll be given time to enjoy a great lunch. (2 person minimum 4 person minimum on Saturdays. Tour includes all tasting fee's & door to door transportation anywhere in Santa Barbara.   
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Captain Jack's Tours
WEBSITE    (805) 564-1819     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
Art Exhibits: “ Sketches From The West ” & " On Point: California Landscapes "
Bella Rosa Galleries, 1103 State St, Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
  Lizabeth Madal & Edward Borein 
Our jewelry gallery on State St. is displaying amazing artists inside for the month of September: On Point: California Landscapes by Lizabeth Madal Bella Rosa Galleries is proud to present Lizabeth’s latest solo exhibit of oil paintings. The exhibit features a newly created collection of coastlines, mountains and wildflowers. It offers a timeless interpretation of the dynamic beauty of California...that is truly on point. Among her recent artistic achievements, Lizabeth has had two solo exhibits at the Santa Barbara Maritime Museum, where she served as Artist-in-Residence. Lizabeth will be on hand to discuss her work. Wine tasting featuring our private label 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon to benefit the Breast Cancer Resource Center of Santa Barbara. We also have a huge exhibit of the late Edward Borein's Western sketches as well. We're now showing works never before seen from a private collector of Edward Borein’s works of art. The exhibit is on display now, and will be on display through September 30th. “Sketches From the West” will feature approximately fifteen works by the well-known Western themed artist. Borein was a resident of Santa Barbara, with his last studio located in the El Paseo. Borein continues to be featured in large museums and galleries, such as the Rockwell Museum, Corning New York. Stop by and say hi! Very best regards, Bella Rosa Galleries Estate & Contemporary Jewelry & Fine Art 1103 State St Santa Barbara, CA 93101 805.966.1707 direct Mon.-Saturday 11-6pm, Sunday 11-5pm www.bellarosasb.com    
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Bella Rosa Galleries
WEBSITE    (805) 966-1707
 
    Guided Horseback Ride -- This is the ride Kim Kardashian rode!
  Captain Jacks Tours, 933 Castillo St., Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
  Captain Jack's Tours 
Guided Horseback Ride! Get along little doggie & hold on to your hats! Experiance the Wild West of yesteryear...today. Ride through the forest & enjoy beautiful ocean views.   ($65.00
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Captain Jack's Tours
WEBSITE    (805) 564-1819     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    Technology Tutoring
Goleta Public Library, 500 N. Fairview Ave., Goleta CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
Computer illiterate? Stumped by a gadget? Get individualized help with computers and other electronic devices on Tuesday afternoons between 1:00 and 5:00.   
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Santa Barbara Public Library System
WEBSITE    (805) 964-7878
 
    Harbor Kayak Tour
  Boat Launch (S.B. Harbor), Between Sea Landing & Sail Center, Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
Captain Jacks Santa Barbara Tours conducts guided 1.5 - 2 hour kayak tours of the Santa Barbara Harbor at 10:30 & 1:30 daily. Experience California's most beautiful harbor on this fun and easy tour. Our professionally guided tour includes a kayak lesson/briefing, all kayak gear and paddles. This tour is the perfect introduction to kayaking and is fun for the entire family.    ($50
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Captain Jack's Tours
WEBSITE    (805) 564-1819     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    Guided Horseback Ride -- This is the ride Kim Kardashian rode!
  Captain Jacks Tours, 933 Castillo St., Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
  Captain Jack's Tours 
Guided Horseback Ride! Get along little doggie & hold on to your hats! Experiance the Wild West of yesteryear...today. Ride through the forest & enjoy beautiful ocean views.   ($65.00
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Captain Jack's Tours
WEBSITE    (805) 564-1819     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    Old Town Santa Barbara Farmers Market
  Santa Barbara Certified Farmers Market, 500 & 600 Blocks of State Street, Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
Tuesdays. Rain or shine. All year round. SUMMER Hours: 4 - 7:30 PM. WINTER Hours: 3 - 6:30 PM.   
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Santa Barbara Certified Farmers Market
WEBSITE    (805) 962-5354     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    Jazz at the Lobero presents Joshua Redman Trio
  Lobero Theatre, 33 E. Canon Perdido Street, Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
  Joshua Redman Trio 
Saxophonist Joshua Redman is one of the most acclaimed and charismatic jazz artists to have emerged in the decade of the 1990’s. Born in Berkeley, California, he is the son of legendary saxophonist Dewey Redman and dancer Renee Shedroff. Joshua Redman has been nominated for two Grammys and has garnered top honors in critics and readers polls of DownBeat, Jazz Times, The Village Voice and Rolling Stone. In addition to his own projects, Redman has recorded and performed with musicians such as Ray Brown, Dave Brubeck, Chick Corea, The Dave Matthews Band, Bill Frisell, Herbie Hancock, Roy Hargrove, Quincy Jones, B.B. King, The Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra, Joe Lovano, Yo Yo Ma, Branford Marsalis, Dianne Reeves, The Rolling Stones, McCoy Tyner and Stevie Wonder. The trio will be comprised of Mr. Redman, Reuben Rogers on bass and Gregory Hutchinson on drums.    ($35.00 - $105.00)
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Lobero Theatre
WEBSITE    (805) 963-0761     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 

  October 1
    Horseback Riding and Wine Tasting Tour
  Captain Jacks Tours, 933 Castillo St., Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
The day begins with a beautiful horseback ride that winds through the forests, up to the top of the mountain where you will have spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean, the channel islands, and the hills and valleys. Next you will enjoy lunch at the historic "Cold Spring Tavern", which used to be a stage coach stop in the 19th century (lunch not included in price). Following lunch, we will head into the heart of the Santa Ynez Valley, where you will enjoy wine tasting at 2 of the regions top wineries while taking in the beautiful scenery. We also have a surprise stop at Global Gardens in Los Olivos. Captain Jack's will then return you back to Santa Barbara. (Minimum 2)   ($175.00
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Captain Jack's Tours
WEBSITE    (805) 564-1819     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    Heaven on Earth Kayak/Horseback Ride Tour-- Kim Kardashian rode this ride!
  Captain Jack's Tours, 933 Castillo St., Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
This may well be the closest to "heaven" you will ever get…in this lifetime. Captain Jack's Tours is proud to offer our newest and most breathtaking tour ever.   
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Captain Jack's Tours
WEBSITE    (805) 564-1819     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
Santa Ynez Wine Tour: This tour is the "WINNER" of the S.B. News Press Readers poll
  Captain Jack's Tours, 933 Castillo St., Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
This is an experience you will never forget! You will not only visit 3 of the valley's most beautiful vineyards & wineries but you'll travel through some of the most breathtaking countryside you'll ever see. You'll also visit Cold Spring Tavern, an original stage coach stop built in the 1860s. The price includes all transportation with door to door service, as well as all your tasting fees. The tour also includes an olive oil and vinegar tasting, which for many of our guests is the highlight of the day.   
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Captain Jack's Tours
WEBSITE    (805) 564-1819     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    Guided Horseback Ride -- This is the ride Kim Kardashian rode!
  Captain Jacks Tours, 933 Castillo St., Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
  Captain Jack's Tours 
Guided Horseback Ride! Get along little doggie & hold on to your hats! Experiance the Wild West of yesteryear...today. Ride through the forest & enjoy beautiful ocean views.   ($65.00
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Captain Jack's Tours
WEBSITE    (805) 564-1819     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    Artwalk Indoor Show
  Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History, 2559 Puesta del Sol Road, Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
By popular demand, the Indoor Show of the annual ArtWalk has been extended to October 5, 2014. More than 40 artists are featured in Artists of Distinction: An Exhibition. For a list of the featured artists go to http://www.sbnature.org/about/883.html. Between Monday, September 29 through Sunday, October 5, entrance into the Indoor Show is included general Museum admission. Members free; Non-members $12, Seniors/Teens $8, Children, $7.    ($7 - $12)
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History
WEBSITE    (805) 682-4711 x181     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
Casa del Herrero Tour
  Casa del Herrero, 1387 East Valley Road, Santa Barbara CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
Few of Montecito's fabled estates have remained essentially unchanged. An exception is the Casa del Herrero which has been in the hands of the original family since it was constructed over 75 years ago. The Casa is noted as one of the finest examples of Spanish Colonial Revival architecture and is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. It provides visitors a glimpse into Montecito life as the Steedmans lived it in the 1930s. The estate's collection of European antique furnishing art and many personal effects are still in place as thet were when the Steedmans were in residence.   ($20.00
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Casa del Herrero
WEBSITE    (805) 565-5653     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
Back      Total Results = 2022
= FREE to ALL     = FREE (Some)     = Fundraiser     = Content Alert






















Community Calendar
"Showcase" Events
Free Events
Fundraisers
Leisure Activities
Entertainment Venues
Accommodations
Dining Suggestions
Happy Hours
Menus
Restaurants & Nightlife
News & Buzz!
City Search
Directories
New Business Showcase
Support Nonprofits
Become an Affiliate
Mike's Chamber Blog
Contact Us
Media
Subscribe to Newsletter
Useful Stuff
Chamber Strategies         The Chamber Business Network         www.BigCityBuzz.com         New Business Showcase

Privacy Policy   |   Policies & Disclaimers
Copyright © 2001-2014 Events & Leisure International, Inc. All rights reserved.